After 45 years in broadcasting and 10 years as Missouri Broadcaster Association President, Mark Gordon informed the MBA Board of Directors Wednesday September 22nd of his intention to retire on June 30, 2023.
The Board of Directors has formed a search committee and hopes to fill the position by early next year. The following job description was posted on Sept. 23rd:
We’re looking for the next generation Executive Director/President/CEO to lead the Missouri Broadcasters Association.
The MBA is a trade association that represents 350+ over-the-air broadcast radio and television stations in Missouri.
The organization has three major areas of emphasis:
- Representing member’s points of view in the legislative and regulatory process of state and federal government.
- Serving as a resource for training, revenue expansion, cost containment and information on governmental policies that impact members.
- Encouraging the highest standards of broadcasting by recognizing and sharing examples of excellence and achievement.
- Experienced in leading successful organizations including a history of managing, training and motivating staff.
- A team player that is able and willing to do all tasks involved in operating a small office.
- An entrepreneurial focus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A collaborator.
- Able to adapt quickly to an ever changing broadcast industry in order to support member stations as needed.
- A seasoned broadcast industry executive with ten or more years of experience.
- Marketing/sales skills.
- Willing to travel and/or relocate to Columbia/Jefferson City (Mid-Missouri) area.
- Other trade association management considered.
Complete job description available upon request.
The Missouri Broadcasters Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.