KOAM News Now has an immediate opening for a NEWS CONTENT PRODUCER. KOAM is the news, weather, and sports leader in the 4-States area (Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri), producing more than 30 hours of local news content weekly across television, digital, and streaming properties. We want someone passionate about what they do. The news content producer is not just a story stacker! We are looking for someone who wants to work their creative muscles for both on air and online content.
• We are looking for candidates who are creative, organized, have the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner.
• Top candidates will have excellent writing, spelling, grammar, and copy-editing skills.
• Ability to multi-task is a plus.
• Candidates should be able to summarize information into easy-to-understand components.
• Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards are key.
• Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends, and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news.
• Select, research, and write content for live newscasts to make the newscast an ”experience” for viewers.
• Work with and guide reporters in story production.
• Communicate, coordinate, and execute creative vision of the team.
• Assist with updating KOAM digital and social media properties.
KOAM NEWS NOW is part of Morgan Murphy Media, a family-owned, people first business. Located in Pittsburg KS/Joplin MO. Apply online at KoamNewsNow.com/jobs and include link to work samples. KOAM News Now is an Equal Opportunity Employer.