WDAF FOX4 Kansas City seeks a producer and host for its weekday morning lifestyle talk show. The successful candidate can showcase stories, leverage web and social media to help drive ratings and understand the importance of engaging storytelling through graphics, standups, and live shots. Requires dynamic producing, anchoring, MMJ, and interviewing skills.
Must have strong editorial judgment, research experience, effective communication, project management, and good written and oral communication skills. This role requires excellent planning skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to actively work with all departments (News, Sales, Creative Services, Programming) at the station
• Must be able to make quick and sound editorial decisions, including:
o Deciding which segments, guests, and stories interest our audience, both broadcast and digital consumers.
o Prioritize quest segment stories and show development efforts.
o Determine and supervise the order in which segments and guests will be told and scheduled in broadcasts.
o Assists in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating content
• Superior on-air presence-Interviewing guests/clients in the studio and location in a non-scripted, fun, lifestyle show environment.
• Knowledge of current events, popular culture, and compelling subjects in KC
• Competent in finding, shooting, and editing engaging stories.
• Researching show topics and developing questions for guests
• Other duties as assigned by Executive Producer
• Minimum 5 Years On-Air Lifestyle Hosting & Producing Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Station Representative at Community Events
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with both coworkers and the public.
• Proficiency In Adobe Premiere Pro Editing
• Proficiency with computers, tablets, and mobile digital devices
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Job Req #:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****