The News Producer creates, coordinates, and executes all newscasts. This position provides editorial and production direction to field crews regarding content, coordination, and newscast execution.
In addition, the News Producer’s duties/responsibilities will include (but not limited to) the following::
· Coordinates efforts of Anchors, Reporters, Editors, and other staff toward crafting compelling newscasts.
· Develops day-to-day on-air look of the newscast to attract the largest available audience to the station’s newscasts.
· Focuses on writing and storytelling. Nothing is more important to our audience than telling a story that connects with them and informs them. A good producer is someone who excels at writing
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field.
• Strong writing skills and ability to write accurately and creatively under constant deadline pressure.
• Ability and willingness to reprioritize quickly and efficiently to rapidly changing needs and situations.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KCTV5 is the CBS affiliate serving the Kansas City metropolitan area.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER