KTVO in Kirksville, Missouri is seeking an aggressive, energetic and creative Assistant News Director/Evening Anchor! We are looking for an experienced anchor interested in gaining management experience. As assistant news director, you’ll oversee production of newscasts and online content. You will work closely with the other producers, reporters, anchors and the managing editor on daily news coverage. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Assistant News Director/Evening Anchor will lead by example.
KTVO in Kirksville, Mo/Ottumwa, IA, is seeking an aggressive, energetic and creative Assistant News Director/10 p.m. News Anchor! We are looking for an experienced journalist who knows how to make contacts, generate story ideas and react decisively to breaking news. As assistant news director, you’ll oversee production of newscasts and online content. You will work closely with the other producers, reporters, anchors and the managing editor on daily news coverage. The ideal candidate must be proficient in creative writing, copy editing, enterprising stories and be committed to managing compelling newscasts. You must be able to multi-task and have an eye for detail. You’ll also work with the news director and other managers to establish newsroom goals and work to develop and further the brand of each station’s news programs. Our winning candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Assistant News Director/Evening Anchor will lead by example.
• Oversee newscasts, script reviews of reporters for assigned newscasts
• Aggressively lead breaking news and severe weather coverage
• Work closely with news director to carry out news philosophy and direction
• Help news director focus on alerting, protecting and empowering our viewers
• Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliancy
• Oversee special projects
• Planning and overseeing continuity into upcoming newscasts
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Four-year degree in journalism or communications preferred
• Must have a working knowledge of journalistic ethics, libel, and privacy laws
• Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
• Ability to plan and adjust personnel during breaking news
• Great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
• Experience with Avid, iNews and Xpression is a plus
• Experience as a news manager preferred
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We’re at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team:
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!