About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
If you are creative, smart, inquisitive, organized and passionate — we have a great job waiting for you at KMOV in St. Louis — the most watched station in all of Missouri and Southern Illinois.
KMOV is one of the top CBS affiliates in the country, a leader in Market #24, and known for its award winning news and weather coverage, numerous community service projects, and effective broadcast and digital marketing solutions.
KMOV’s Multimedia Journalist enterprises, researches, writes, shoots, edits and reports news oriented material for presentation live and on tape. The position collaborates with the Content Center, producers and managers on story development and story execution.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Content creation – coordinates story development with the producer and Content Center
– Reporting – reports on assigned stories live and on tape in a clear and concise manner
– News Gathering – develops ideas for stories, calls outside sources to gather facts for on-air and on-line reporting
– Production – prepares scripts, shoots and edits stories
– Ability to create and report memorable stories that resonate with KMOV’s viewers
– Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or Communications
– Minimum two years experience as an MMJ or Reporter
– Experience with Edius, Avid, i-news, internet production tools, proficiency with MS Office
– Strong writing, editing, and shooting skills, along with good news gathering skills
– Strong on-air presence, must be a creative story-teller with strong live skills
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively with others and work in a team-oriented environment
– Self-starter with the ability to follow through on projects until completion
– Attention to detail, along with the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
– Must possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KMOV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER