KSDK 5 On Your Side is looking for a talented and experienced reporter and multi-skilled journalist ready to cover news in the highly competitive St. Louis market. The candidate should be a positive problem-solver who can produce compelling daily content for our broadcast and digital platforms. Broadcast skills are important and so is the ability to write for the web – quickly and clearly. We believe our newsroom culture sets 5 On Your Side apart because of our news managers’ strong commitment to our reporters’ professional growth, training, regular feedback, and mentoring. If you’re a great teammate and a collaborative newsroom culture appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
• Pitch compelling stories that can be turned on a daily deadline
• Research effectively, develop sources, and build relationships with newsmakers
• Meet broadcast and digital deadlines
• Communicate effectively with news managers and colleagues
• Edit digital video and operate camera with video and still capabilities
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in news reporting, preferably more than 2
• High standards of accuracy and fairness.
• Familiarity with or reason to relocate to St. Louis is a plus
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius is a plus
• Strong social media presence desired
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 64 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER