About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KCTV5 is the CBS affiliate serving the Kansas City metropolitan area.
Plus, here’s something unique. You would actually like coming to work—because people here love this station and love this city! It’s an energy and excitement that is fun and rejuvenating.
Here’s your chance to help shape weather coverage in one of the greatest cities in the country – Kansas City! KCTV5, the CBS affiliate that gets super bowl numbers with every Chiefs game, is looking for a dynamic storyteller ready to own the market. It’s simple. If you eat, sleep and drink local weather, love connecting with people, and have more than 10 years of experience, this is the job you’ve always been looking for. It starts by joining the best company in the business. Thanks to Gray, at KCTV5 we are adding resources, adding people, and providing the support you’ve always dreamed of. Second, you get to work with fantastic meteorologists who care as much about their craft as you do.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Works with the News Director and the weather team to create and implement strategic direction for weather coverage
2. Builds and delivers daily engaging weathercasts for on-air and digital audiences
3. Interacts live with fans and the audience on multiple platforms, especially during severe or inconvenient weather
4. Pitches and creates original weather content for all platforms
5. Supports implementation of technological advances related to graphics
6. Participates in community outreach efforts including live shots and station appearances as required
1. Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology; AMS Certification
2. Minimum 10 years of on-air experience
3. Demonstrated leadership experience
4. Strong communication skills
5. Ability to work under pressure while meeting daily assigned deadlines
6. Applicable knowledge of multiplatform newsgathering tools and resources
7. Fluent with social media platforms and social management tools, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Qualified, interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your cover letter, resume and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KCTV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER