About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KCTV5 is the CBS affiliate, serving the Kansas City metropolitan area.
In this position, you will be at the center of all of the action. This is a hybrid role. You will spend part of your time running the assignment desk, dispatching crews and calling on potential stories. The other portion of your time, you will be writing web stories and positing on our social media platforms. If this fast-paced position sounds interesting to you, please apply.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
– Writing for all KCTV platforms, on-air (tickers), website, social media, mobile platforms.
– Create unique and interesting content, that makes KCTV stand out on social media.
– Listen to police and fire scanners for potential breaking news.
– Make calls to confirm and coordinate potential stories.
– Dispatch news crews to story assignments.
– Grow KCTV’s audience, and help news personalities grow in key social media channels.
– Manage social media output across all channels, delivering a regular flow of posts every day.
– Keep our followers engaged, informed and entertained.
– Keep all KCTV teams informed about the field by sharing knowledge of new social media developments
– Assist reporters, anchors, and other news staff in generating content for social media.
– Work with the News Producers to integrate content from social media into on-air content.
– Ensure that the brand standards are met across all platforms, while promoting the brand and its values at all opportunities.
– Be an authority on the KCTV brand and competitors.
– Drive traffic to the KCTV website.
– Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field.
– Strong writing skills and ability to write accurately and creatively under constant deadline pressure.
– Understanding of integrated communications, including role of emerging technologies within “traditional and non-traditional” channels.
– Extensive knowledge and experience using emerging technologies, content and digital communication methods to – develop new programs and strategies.
– Editorial and research capabilities.
– Technical understanding of video and photo production.
– Experience with website maintenance, content, and management systems.
– Extensive knowledge of Social Media landscape, networks, and toolsets.
– Ability and willingness to participate in emerging media technology space for example; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other applications as they evolve.
– Ability and willingness to work hard in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, team-oriented environment.
– Ability and willingness to reprioritize quickly and efficiently to rapidly changing needs and situations.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KCTV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER