About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KCTV5 is the CBS affiliate, serving the Kansas City metropolitan area.
KCTV5 is creating a new position called Director of Audience Engagement to serve our communities. This is a high-profile, community facing department head position reporting to the Vice President and General Manager. You must be passionate about broadcasting and ready to make a difference in the community. The perfect candidate needs to be a self-starter, great communicator and highly organized, with extraordinary attention to detail. You will oversee a team of people dedicated to engaging in our community thru content creation, marketing, and sales. Management experience is critical along with the ability to create, produce and deliver local content and local partnerships.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Serve as the Executive Producer for KCTV’s lifestyle show.
* Create, lead and execute a comprehensive community outreach program for the station.
* Coordinate, organize, and implement sales content in the lifestyle show.
* Serve as an independent leader and facilitator between news, sales, marketing, and programming.
* Develop & coordinate public outreach efforts with non-profit and community organizations—while adding sponsorship opportunities.
* Work with sales managers to create revenue-generating projects.
* Track metrics and determine the success of content/coverage marketing programs.
* Responsible for digital/social efforts for the lifestyle show and for all community out-reach.
* Identify and or create additional local programming for KCTV5 and KSMO.
* This position requires a leader and an innovator.
* Senior management experience in broadcasting along with extensive experience in producing branded content.
* Experience producing digital content.
* Familiarity with Graphic design and project execution.
* Strong understanding of web/social trends and technology.
* Ability to work under daily deadline pressure.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficiency in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
* Outstanding organizational and critical thinking skills.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Come join our dynamic team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KCTV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER