About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KCTV5 is the CBS affiliate, serving the Kansas City metropolitan area.
KCTV seeks a leader, mentor, and coach to guide our talented team of reporters and MMJs as they find and refine their voices and styles while consistently executing the KCTV brand. We are looking for an urgent, aggressive, collaborative coach who will foster a winning culture in this extremely competitive news market.
KCTV is a multiplatform news organization, and we strive to serve our community effectively across broadcast, digital, streaming, and social platforms. The managing editor will help prioritize responsibilities for field crews and work with other news leadership to identify content priorities for each platform.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Prepare and run the morning editorial meeting; participate in afternoon editorial meeting
• Work with reporters and MMJs throughout the day to develop story concept, elements, and execution
• Read and approve reporter and MMJ scripts
• Provide meaningful, constructive feedback
• Administrative duties including but not limited to: schedules, time sheets, time off requests
• Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, broadcast media or related field
• Minimum three years of experience in a news management role, medium to large market experience preferred
• Minimum three years of field experience as a reporter and/or MMJ, medium to large market preferred
• Expert understanding of digital and social media strategy
• Excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KCTV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER