About Gray Television:
Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
If you are smart, inquisitive, organized and detail oriented — we have a great job waiting for you at KMOV in St. Louis — the most watched station in all of Missouri and Southern Illinois. KMOV is one of the top CBS affiliates in the country, a leader in Market #23, and known for its award winning news and weather coverage, effective broadcast and digital marketing solutions, and numerous community service projects.
KMOV is seeking a Multimedia Marketing Consultant with a winning attitude to work in a competitive, collaborative, and fast-paced marketing environment. This individual will solicit new advertisers and increase the share of business of existing advertisers. The Multimedia Marketing Consultant achieves assigned revenue goals through the sale of airtime, digital advertising, and other products and services to new and existing clients.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Achieve television and digital revenue goals set by the company for existing and developmental accounts. Sells advertising time and provides continuous service to advertising agencies and direct accounts. Assesses an advertisers marketing needs and develops proposals & presentations to show how the Station can fulfill those needs with a television schedule, internet schedule, commercial concept and/or promotional event. Maintains positive client and station personnel relationships
* Utilizes available published information about each assigned or prospective advertiser and their industry in order to approach an advertiser with an educated sensitivity. Makes presentations to advertisers’ key decision makers in written and/or visual form. Manages client chosen solutions, and provides excellent customer service to clients
* Places a priority on the sale of special inventory, marketing events, and/or production to increase revenue potential
* Provides management with timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual budget forecasts. Generates any additional station specific reports as required
* Maintains an understanding of local market ratings, competitive media, station strengths, industry and product knowledge. Utilizes supplementary market research. Remains updated regarding industry trends through trade publications and marketing seminars
* Bachelors degree highly preferred, or equivalent work experience. Related sales/marketing courses and seminars helpful
* 2-3 years media sales experience preferred (TV, radio, cable).
* Proven track record of sales accomplishments and development of successful sales presentations
* Knowledge of strengths and weaknesses of competitive media preferred
* Strong sales skills, with the ability to create effective sales promotions
* Adaptable and effective negotiating skills
* Solid computer skills using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* Knowledge of Nielsen, ComScore, Wide Orbit and Scarborough a plus
* Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KMOV-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER