Audacy St. Louis is seeking its next full-time Reporter!
What You’ll Do:
– Gather, write, record, edit and deliver news content for hourly newscasts.
– Provide live coverage when breaking news occurs.
– Interview eye-witnesses, authorities and news makers.
– Deliver scripted, prerecorded and live reports on newsworthy events.
– May be asked to present research or coverage on one of our talk shows.
– Development and research of potential news stories.
– You’ll need a critical eye and a flexible schedule including holidays and weekends.
– There could be opportunity for fill-in anchor hours
– Protecting the station’s FCC license.
– Other duties as required by management.
Qualifications (Required & Preferred):
– 2 years’ experience with broadcast news and understanding of social media use/impact required
– Must develop story ideas for coverage as well as take directions from the desk.
– Must have the ability to gather information quickly, conduct interviews and prepare stories for air.
– Must be computer literate and have excellent writing skills.
– Position requires proficiency in audio editing and packaging news sound and interviews.
– Knowledge of the broadcast area and station demographics is essential.
– A valid driver’s license, satisfactory completion of a motor vehicle record check, and, if the position requires use of applicant’s own vehicle, proof of insurance, is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Position requires operation of a motor vehicle.
Audacy, Inc. (NYSE: AUD) is a leading multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best collection of local music, news and sports brands, a premium podcast creator, major event producer, and digital innovator. Audacy engages 200 million consumers each month, bringing people together around content that matters to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
Audacy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Audacy affords equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or religious creed, sex/ gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military or veteran status, or other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Consistent with our commitment to equal employment opportunity, we provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who need assistance in applying electronically for a position with Audacy, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship. To request a reasonable accommodation for this purpose, please call 1-610-660-5614. Please note that this phone number is to be used solely to request an accommodation with respect to the online application process. Calls for any other reason will not be returned. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.