Are you looking for an excellent career opportunity combined with an outstanding quality of life in a growing riverfront market. Join Our exciting properties, the home of NFL, NASCAR, MLB (Go Cardinals) and the World Series! KBSI/WDKA TV the Standard Media owned duopoly located in Cape Girardeau/Paducah/Marion is looking for our next Local Sales Manager.
With one of the world’s most recognized brands, we seek a passionate proponent of the industry that understands motivating a team of highly successful account executives. In a competitive media environment, we are looking for a leader who creates a positive culture for our team. This individual should be highly organized, able to coach and mentor a winning team and have experience in marketing and public relations. The ability to develop and maximize revenue opportunities within the local advertising community is critical. Working with local businesses and foundations to help them grow their businesses is a top priority. Being a Local Broadcaster requires a commitment to your team and community, so this is an in-market/in-person job, based in Cape Girardeau Missouri, THE 92ND DMA.
Seeking a dynamic leader responsible for uncovering, developing, and executing creative plans to generate New Business and grow revenue from existing accounts on all platforms including spot TV, digital, and mobile. The ideal leader will thrive in an innovative work environment and build a local team that will deliver results in a vibrant market. The FOX23/MY49 Duopoly Local Sales Manager will join a team of energetic leaders dedicated to achieving results in a synergistic environment.
• Lead a team of direct reports of account executives.
• Clearly define account executives’ performance expectations and measurements to assure account executives achieve their goals.
• Conduct one – one weekly meetings with local account executives to review activity and lead measures.
• Develop strong relationships with local clients and develop growth strategies for their businesses, utilizing customized screen-based advertising solutions.
• Identify market potential through lead generation and qualification.
• Complete appropriate business activity reports and forecasts as required.
• Supports sales staff with ride-along coaching, participating in client meetings, developing proposals and other aspects of the full sales process. Recommend/conduct appropriate training as needed.
• Oversee accounts receivable and credit policies.
• Know strengths and weaknesses of competing stations, other advertising mediums and position station accordingly.
• Responsible to meeting and exceeding Local Sales Department revenue goals
• Determine the strategic direction of Local Sales projects using affective communication to implement innovative plans and processes
• Drive New Local Direct Business on FOX23, MY49, KBSI23.com and other digital platforms
• Advise research director in creation of research pieces to assist in sales efforts
• Travel on a regular basis and attend sales related functions after business hours
• Communicate effectively with the General Manager on all sales related activities
• Three or more years of media sales experience managing a team of account executives selling TV and Digital products is preferred
• A creative mind with proven ability to generate revenue for the station and our advertisers
• Candidates must be proficient in strategic and tactical thinking
• Must be able to develop creative solutions to generate revenue outside of non-traditional sales
• Has the creativity to develop targeted, customer focused marketing solutions using multiple media products including television, web, OTT, email marketing, targeted display
• Candidates must have strong analytical, leadership, planning and budgeting skills
• Must be able to work under pressure and prioritize goals
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google suite of products, NSI, ComScore, Wide Orbit and Matrix
• Degree: Major in Business, Communications or Marketing preferred
• Valid driver’s license
Standard Media Group-SMG is an innovative media company serving our communities through breaking news, impactful investigative reporting, and innovative multi-screen marketing services.
For more than ten years, Forbes has called Cape Girardeau one of the Best Small Places for Business & Careers, with a Cost of Living 12% below the national average and a great Housing Affordability Index. Cape Girardeau County is known for its beautiful homes, parks, and churches, as well as its outstanding health and educational systems. Cape has the perfect balance of rural and urban living; with everything you need and enough space to spread out. It serves as a hub for the surrounding communities with an excellent selection of restaurants, stores, competitive sports, general entertainment, and more. Also, Jackson Missouri, a suburb of Cape, was ranked the 59th best small town to live in in the US (Money Magazine), as well as the 10th best place to live in Missouri (Missouri Magazine). Cape Girardeau is the perfect area to raise a family and build a career.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please denote how you became aware of this position in your response. No phone calls please.
Standard Media Group-SMG is an equal opportunity employer.