KSDK 5 On Your Side, the NBC affiliate in St. Louis (Market 23) is looking for an experienced, dynamic, enterprising anchor/multi-skilled journalist to join our signature morning show “Today in St. Louis.” Your assignment would be as anchor of the 4 a.m. first hour of our three-hour newscast, then reporting for the 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. newscasts. If you love morning news and wish to grow with morning television and live streaming, this could be a great next step in your career.
The successful candidate is a team player and newsroom leader with excellent interviewing skills and proven ability to skillfully ad lib in any live situation.
This candidate must be a strong, enterprising reporter with the ability to create shareable, compelling stories, and must be connected to the community, fully understand the market and connect with the audience on all platforms. This candidate must also work skillfully with an ensemble morning team.
Broadcast skills are important and so is the ability to write and report for the web – quickly and clearly. Along with a resume and audition reel, you will be asked to send links to recent digital work.
We believe our newsroom culture sets 5 On Your Side apart because of our news managers’ strong commitment to our employees’ professional growth, training, regular feedback, and mentoring. If you’re a great teammate who seeks a collaborative newsroom culture, we want to hear from you.
• Co-anchor ensemble morning show and report on important local stories affecting the community
• Generate unique, compelling and innovative story/show ideas and content.
• Skilled at calmly handling live, breaking news situations and changing events.
• Ability to communicate stories in conversational manner with an ensemble team.
• Deliver stories that offer unique and interesting perspective.
• Excellent, creative presentation and writing skills a must.
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms.
• Strong social media skills, including an active presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Excellent use of social media for news gathering/disseminating and community engagement.
• Cultivate sources and enterprise lead worthy reports.
• Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting.
• Community and/or talent appearances.
• Perform other tasks as required
• Journalism or Mass Communication degree preferred with five years’ experience as an anchor/reporter.
• Proven strength in on-camera delivery with the ability to ad-lib.
• Excellent writing, packaging, and live skills.
• Must be able to report in a broad range of styles, from field anchoring to studio touchscreen
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius, a plus.
• Knowledge of PowerPoint, a plus.
• Strong social media presence.
Familiarity with St. Louis or a reason to relocate here will set your application apart
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER