KCTV 5 Kansas City seeks a dynamic, engaging and creative full-time meteorologist to join its weekend weather team. If you love forecasting in all seasons and the extremes that come with each of them, you’ll love the challenge of forecasting in the Midwest.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Analyzing scientific data, models and other available and relevant information to build an accurate weather forecast
– Accurately forecasting severe weather
– Design aptitude and creativity to producer unique weather graphics
– Reporting in the field on weather-related events and topics
– Ability to communicate with news staff to assist in editorial decision-making
– Bachelor’s degree in meteorology or atmospheric science
– At least 3 years of on-air experience as a television meteorologist
– AMS or NWA Seal of Approval a plus
– Strong digital and social skills
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Schedule flexibility
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your cover letter, resume, and references.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER