KCTV5 / KSMO Kansas City has an immediate opening for a Creative Services – Promotion Manager. If you are one of the best creating Image campaigns, Targeted Special Reports, Proof of Performance, and Community driven initiatives then we want you! Working in tandem with the Creative Services Director – the Promotion Manager is responsible for developing, creating, and supervising News, Sales and Community Affairs content for Kansas City’s premiere CBS affiliate. In addition, this position will also assist in placing outside media, wide orbit scheduling, commercial production and any other content based projects.
• Supervise Creative Services producers – helping with content creation, copywriting, graphic design, and advanced production.
• Create and develop advertising campaigns for News, Sales and Community-based programs.
• Create, review, approve, and revise copy as assigned.
• Work with producers and Creative Services Director to create branded marketing campaigns.
• Develop and produce unique and creative/branded station content for our digital platforms.
• Work with News managers and EPs to obtain best content/moments of our news products that demonstrate our brand to viewers/users.
• Serve as a liaison between News, Sales, and Creative Services.
• Present fully realized campaigns during pitches
• Help to grow our news audience and engagement on all digital platforms
• Create contests and giveaways to drive tune in assigned programs.
• Experience in innovative writing, editing, and producing branded content
• Experience producing digital content
• Familiarity with Graphic design and project execution.
• Strong understanding of web/social trends and technology
• Non-linear editing skills
• Advanced video production skills
• Ability to work under daily deadline pressure
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
• Outstanding organizational and critical thinking skills
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER