We are seeking a highly skilled, artistic photographer and editor who can create sharable and compelling content for television, digital platforms, social media and mobile to join our team. We want a journalist who can tell great stories independently or with a team. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest photography, editing tools and techniques. Our hire acts with urgency in breaking news situations and is able to participate in live performance on air and on live streaming when necessary. Ability to work a flexible schedule is highly desirable.
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
• Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and other forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Cover breaking, general, sports, weather stories and features, often in partnership with our multiskilled journalists.
• Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
• Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
• Operate live units
• Perform other tasks as required by Chief Photographer, or other News Managers and Assignment Editors.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 2-5 years of experience preferred
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
• Experience with Edius and/or Adobe Premiere, a plus
• Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
• SNG experience, a plus
• Drone certification or strong desire to learn, a plus
• Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
• Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
• Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
• IBEW membership, a non-exempt position
Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set:
Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set:
Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER