KOAM NEWS NOW has an immediate opening for an EVENING ANCHOR. KOAM is the news, weather, and sports leader in the 4-States area (Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri), producing more than 30 hours of local news content weekly across television, digital, and streaming properties. We want someone passionate about what they do.
Our anchors are working journalists. The successful candidate should be prepared to take an active role in newsgathering every day, across all screens and platforms. This anchor is friendly and authoritative, exhibits urgency every day, particularly during breaking news, and is active on social media. Producing skills are not required but will put you at the top of the pack.
• We are looking for a polished anchor/reporter with an energetic personality, a creative storyteller, a social media
enthusiast, and a drive to win.
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when necessary.
• Has strong news judgment, ethics, and editorial control over stories.
• Familiarity with the 4-States is a plus!
• Able to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
• Anchor evening newscasts and assist in the newsgathering process every day.
• Reporting and producing as assigned.
• Contribute story and content ideas daily.
• Write and deliver stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Assist in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating programming.
• Respond to breaking events and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
• Participate in station promotional activities.
• Write stories for the website and other digital platforms.
• Post content to and interact with viewers and users on social media sites in a professional manner.
Apply online and include link to work samples.
KOAM NEWS NOW is part of Morgan Murphy Media, a family-owned, people first business. Located in Pittsburg KS/Joplin MO.
KOAM News Now is an Equal Opportunity Employer.