The Sports Reporter / MMJ position will shoot, edit, produce and report/anchor your content. Must be knowledgeable and active in the St. Louis sports scene, and able to post content and updates to KMOV.com, Facebook, and Twitter. Must have flexibility with scheduling due to the ever changing nature of sports journalism.
If you are creative, smart, inquisitive, organized and passionate — we have a great job waiting for you at KMOV in St. Louis — the most watched station in all of Missouri and Southern Illinois. KMOV is one of the top CBS affiliates in the country, a leader in Market #24, and known for its award winning news and weather coverage, numerous community service projects, and effective broadcast and digital marketing solutions.
* Four year college degree in Journalism or Communications, or related field.
* Minimum 2 years experience as a sports reporter for a commercial /public television station in a mid to large market.
* Excellent knowledge of the professional and college sports teams in the market is required.
* Must be organized, energetic, and a team player.
* Must be flexible with scheduling due to the ever changing nature of sports journalism.
* Skilled communicator that can connect with a diverse audience.
* Must be able to assimilate information quickly and be able to compile and summarize that information into a clear, concise, and understandable presentation.
* Excellent at establishing relationships to get exclusives / the big story.
* Knows how to blend words and video into informative and interesting television news stories.
This position requires an individual capable of doing it all. The Sports Reporter MMJ will shoot, edit, produce and report/anchor your content. Must be active and knowledgeable of social media with the expectation that content will be updated on KMOV.com, Facebook, and Twitter. The Sports Reporter will perform work for all media platforms and initiatives, including on-air, web, digital, and social media.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER