WDAF-TV Fox 4 Kansas City is seeking a News Video Editor. The News Video Editor operates editing equipment to produce images or scenes for newscasts and other programming.
• Organizes and strings together raw footage into a continuous whole according to scripts or instructions for newscasts and other programming
• Reviews assembled footage on screens or monitors to determine whether corrections are necessary
• Trims filmed segments to specified lengths and reassembles segments into sequences that present stories with maximum effect
• Determines the specific audio and visual effects necessary to complete spots
• Sets up and operates computer editing systems, electronic titling systems, video switching equipment, and digital video effects units to produce a final product
• Selects and combines the most effective shots of each scene to form a logical and smoothly running story
• Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, work product and desired effects.
• Maintains editing equipment
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Minimum two years’ experience operating video editing equipment
• High school diploma
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Proficiency with video editing equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Job Req #:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****