KSDK is looking for a Traffic Reporter to own traffic in one of the most interesting traffic markets in the country. You’ll also be asked to be a social media superstar as part of the job and engage with our audience in an exciting growing morning show. You’ll join an all-star news ensemble. Your role? Keeping our audience informed of traffic times and tie-ups in visually compelling ways during ‘Today in St. Louis’ between 5am-9am weekdays, and as needed on early evening newscasts.
• Use our wealth of traffic tools, live cameras and helicopter to help guide our viewers through St. Louis’ morning commute
• Engage and excite our fans and followers across every screen.
• Be willing to shoot/edit and report on traffic and construction issues as well as a wealth of other stories in the St. Louis metro
• Ability to step in as a live shot reporter when the situation demands
• Minimum 3 years of on-air broadcast experience preferred.
• Practical knowledge of the roads, highways and alternate routes around the St. Louis area, a must
• Must be a strong communicator with the ability to react quickly to breaking news in a changing environment.
• Must have a good understanding of social media emerging platforms and strong social presence.
• Must demonstrate strong on-camera performance skills.
• Familiarity with WSI Traffic graphics system a plus
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, a plus
• Familiarity with St. Louis or reason to relocate here, strongly preferred
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER