WDAF-TV / Fox4 in Kansas City is seeking a Broadcast Engineer. The Broadcast Engineer’s primary responsibilities are to help maintain the TV station’s technical infrastructure and support a fast-paced news operation.
We prefer that candidates have a passion and some experience in most of the following areas:
• Experience with high-powered solid-state broadcast transmitters
• State-of-the-art broadcast equipment, with an emphasis on broadcast control rooms, studio operations, graphical equipment, and news gathering equipment and software
• RF technology, including satellite and microwave transmission
• Cellular newsgathering equipment
• Experience with IP-based media workflow is desired
• Strong experience with PCs, laptops, servers, and networking equipment is desired
• Some knowledge of FCC Broadcast rules and regulations is a plus
• Three years of broadcast TV maintenance preferred
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who pays attention to detail and is a team player. Other key responsibilities, attributes, and characteristics include:
• Maintain positive and proactive communication on all technology-related issues among all other departments (News, Sales, Production & Promotions)
• Assist in capital-based projects, including design, installation, and then maintenance
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Flexible but also focused on completing tasks and projects
• Must be able to occasionally work weekends, longer hours, or varying shifts when necessary to meet production and broadcast emergencies or deadlines
• A college degree and or SBE Certification are highly desired
• Able to stand, sit, reach, climb, kneel and lift up to 30 lbs.
The successful candidate will be a vital part of the team, where opinions and collaboration are the norms. Maintaining an atmosphere where people enjoy coming to work will be a crucial element of success for this position.
Job Req #:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****