Are you looking for an excellent career opportunity combined with an outstanding quality of life in a growing riverfront market? Join Our exciting properties, the home of NFL, NASCAR, MLB (Go Cardinals) and the World Series! KBSI/WDKA TV the Standard Media owned duopoly located in Cape Girardeau/Paducah/Marion is looking for our next Director of Sales. With one of the world’s most recognized brands, we seek a passionate proponent of the industry who understands motivating a team of highly successful account executives. In a competitive media environment, we are looking for a sales leader who creates a positive culture for our local team. This individual should be highly organized, able to coach and mentor a winning team, and have experience in pricing and inventory management. The ability to develop and maximize revenue opportunities within the local advertising community is critical. Working with local businesses to help them grow is a top priority. Being a Local Broadcaster requires a commitment to your team and community, so this is an in-market/in-person job, based in Cape Girardeau Missouri, THE 92ND DMA.
Seeking a dynamic leader responsible for developing and executing creative plans to generate New Business and grow revenue from existing accounts on all platforms including spot TV, digital, and mobile. The ideal leader will thrive in an Innovative Sales environment and build a team that will deliver results in a vibrant market. The FOX23/MY49 duopoly’s Director of Sales will join a team of energetic Department Heads dedicated to achieving results in a synergistic environment.
• Recruit, develop, and lead the FOX23/MY49 Sales Department
• Clearly define Account Executive performance, expectations, and measurement processes to assure account executives efforts and attention will lead to achievement of those expectations.
• Conduct weekly one-on-one and quarterly strategy meetings with local account executives.
• Develop relationships with our clients and key prospects via frequent visibility. This includes being active in the community, the sales process, going out on sales calls, and entertaining clients.
• Advise research director in creation of research pieces to assist in our sales efforts
• Responsible for meeting and exceeding Sales Department revenue goals
• Determine the Strategic direction of the Sales department with the ability to effectively communicate and implement innovative plans and processes
• Drive New Local Direct Business on FOX23, MY49, KBSI23.com and other digital platforms
• Strategize with the Local and National Sales Teams to increase revenue and share from transactional accounts
• Manage Sales on KBSI23.com and all digital extension products
• Control and price inventory to meet and exceed budget goals
• Effectively forecast and budget the TV spot and digital revenue on a monthly and quarterly basis
• Collaborate with others on ratings estimates and projections
• Interface with Katz TV on all matters related to National Revenue
• Travel on a regular basis and attend sales related functions after business hours
• Communicate effectively with the General Manager on all sales related activities
• Preferred five or more years of television sales management including both Local and National Sales
• A creative mind with proven ability to generate revenue for the company and advertisers
• Must have prior experience in broadcast media and managing /selling digital media
• Candidates must be proficient in strategic and tactical thinking
• Must be able to develop creative solutions to generate revenue outside of traditional sources
• Has the creativity to develop targeted, customer focused marketing solutions using multiple media products including television, web, OTT, email marketing, and targeted display.
• Candidates must have strong analytical, leadership, planning, and budgeting skills.
• Experience managing inventory and controlling pricing is preferred
• Must be able to work under pressure and prioritize goals for the department and station
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, NSI, ComScore, Wide Orbit, and Matrix
Standard Media Group-SMG is an innovative media company serving our communities through breaking news, impactful investigative reporting, and innovative multi-screen marketing services.
For more than ten years, Forbes has called Cape Girardeau one of the Best Small Places for Business & Careers, with a Cost of Living 12% below the national average and a great Housing Affordability Index. Cape Girardeau County is known for its beautiful homes, parks, and churches, as well as its outstanding health and educational systems. Cape has the perfect balance of rural and urban living; with everything you need and enough space to spread out. It serves as a hub for the surrounding communities with an excellent selection of restaurants, stores, competitive sports, general entertainment, and more. Also, Jackson Missouri, a suburb of Cape, was ranked the 59th best small town to live in in the US (Money Magazine), as well as the 10th best place to live in Missouri (Missouri Magazine). Cape Girardeau is the perfect area to raise a family and build a career.
Please send resume and cover letter, along with examples (links and/or reel) of your work to: email@example.com Please denote how you became aware of this position in your response. No phone calls please.
FOX23 (KBSI) & MY49 (WDKA)
806 Enterprise Street
Cape Girardeau, MO 63703
Standard Media Group-SMG is an equal opportunity employer.