KRCG 13 has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Weekend Sports Anchor/Weekday Sports Reporter! In this role, you will be required to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet and social networks, along with performing other duties as assigned by the sports director and news managers. The ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule that will include evenings and/or weekends is required.
We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a good story, research it, shoot it, write and edit it with an edge, using strong storytelling and TV production values to make it impactful and memorable. It is important to have strong writing skills and to have knowledge of all sports. Dynamic live television and storytelling skills are a must.
Skills and Experience:
• A self-starter who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis
• Ability to demonstrate enterprise sports reporting and creativity in storytelling
• Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to maintain an active social media presence to build your brand and solicit original story ideas
• Excellent shooting and editing abilities (preferably using Avid NewsCutter)
• Previous anchoring experience is strongly preferred but we will work with the right candidate seeking that first anchor position
• Live shot experience is required
• Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel. Applications without a reel will be discarded.
KRCG 13 and our parent company Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!