Hometown Radio Group is looking for savvy, highly motivated sales professionals to join
our team selling our traditional, digital, and event marketing solutions to local small-to-medium sized businesses. Our stations include KMEM 100.5 FM in Memphis, Missouri and KUDV 106.9FM in Bloomfield, Iowa. Positions are available in the Memphis, Kirksville and Bloomfield markets and would encompass the surrounding areas.
Ideal candidates will be goal oriented, relentless in their drive to win new business, and
possess a track record of exceeding monthly goals. If you are passionate about selling, have a
deep knowledge of marketing principles and products, and possess excellent presentation and closing skills, then we’d love to talk to you!
• Have an understanding of marketing/ sales and how to help customers grow their
• Are self-motivated and results oriented
• Have an outgoing, resilient personality
• Enjoy the “thrill of the hunt” challenge of bringing in new business
• Past sales experience is preferred but not required
• Digital marketing experience is a plus
• A strong desire to learn and succeed
• A demonstrated record of success in a fast paced, goal-oriented environment
• Strong skills in planning, communicating, organizing and developing customer
• Ability to develop a strategic sales plan
• Proficient in prospecting high potential accounts and setting up appointments with key
decision makers with an ability to secure appointments with qualified prospects
• Demonstrates effective listening skills and able to deliver compelling advertising
• Ability to present a marketing/ sales plan that addresses client objectives and reaches
the target audience
• Effectively able to overcome client objections and articulate the value of recommended
• Strong problem solving and analytical ability are essential
• Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and insurance coverage
The radio marketing consultant is a full-time position with a work schedule that is flexible and developed in consultation with the sales manager. Compensation is largely based upon
commission and is commensurate with experience & qualifications. This position is a direct
report to the General Manager.
Applicants should apply by sending a cover letter, resume and work references to Mr. Corey
Stott, Hometown Radio Group General Manager, at email@example.com.
Questions should also be directed to this email address.