KSDK 5 On Your Side is looking for a talented and experienced sports anchor and multi-skilled journalist to anchor Friday and Saturday evening sportscasts and cover sports news in the competitive St. Louis market. KSDK is committed to quality sports coverage with 5 On Your Sideline, our Friday night high school sports show, and Sports Plus, our Sunday night extended sportscast.
Professional, college, high school, and amateur sports are taken seriously in our newsroom, and the expectation is great writing, videography, and production for sportscasts and stories. The candidate should be a positive problem-solver who can produce compelling daily content for our broadcast and digital platforms. Because of backup anchor opportunities, broadcast skills are important. The ability to write for the web quickly and clearly is also a must. We believe our newsroom culture sets 5 On Your Side apart because of our news managers’ strong commitment to our reporters’ professional growth, training, regular feedback, and mentoring. If you’re a great teammate and a collaborative newsroom culture appeals to you, we want to hear from you.
• Anchor Friday and Saturday evening sportscasts
• Pitch compelling sports stories that can be turned on a daily deadline
• Produce sports segment inside newscast
• Research effectively, develop sources, and build relationships with sports newsmakers
• Meet broadcast and digital deadlines
• Communicate effectively with news managers and colleagues
• Edit digital video and operate camera with video and still capabilities
• Other duties, as assigned
3 years experience in sports reporting.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in sports reporting
• Strong writing ability
• High standards of accuracy and fairness.
• Reason to live or relocate to St. Louis, strongly preferred
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius is a plus
• Strong social media presence desired
• Travel: Occasionally: 10%
• Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
• Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.