KOLR10/FOX49 in Springfield, MO is hiring a News Producer. We’re looking for candidates with strong news judgment, the ability to showcase important stories, and who know how to win “Breaking News and Weather”. Our producers help craft the station’s daily content, work with the assignment desk, our crews in the field, and our digital team. Candidates must have a passion for Journalism. An added bonus is you get to live and work in the heart of the Ozarks!
Job Req #:
News Producers must be capable of making quick and sound editorial decisions, including:
• Selecting and prioritize stories and story development efforts.
• Determine the order in which stories will be told in broadcasts.
• Write compelling broadcast content focused for our audience.
• Be able to quickly adjust stories within newscasts to accommodate breaking news.
• Communicate effectively with coworkers, anchors, directors as well as field reporters.
• Write informative and detailed web platform stories including links and additional information viewers will find useful.
• Write compelling teases to bring viewers to our broadcasts.
• Time broadcasts and insure they are clean and correct on the air.
• Edits video for broadcast as well as online use.
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, communications, or related field of equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Fluency in English with strong spelling and grammar.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with both coworkers and the public.
• Proficiency with computers, tablets and mobile digital devices.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Flexibility to work any shift, with some late notice of shift and schedule changes.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled