Tens of millions of Americans engage with TEGNA’s digital news content every month. They consume our articles, videos and photo galleries through centrally managed websites, mobile apps, OTT apps and more. Our Digital Support Engineers provide support to our newsrooms across all our digital platforms and systems.
We are looking for Digital Support Engineers to join our team on a full-time basis in Knoxville, TN. You will work with multiple teams, the latest technologies and a large-scale infrastructure. This is a great position if you enjoy helping people, troubleshooting, working with technology and providing great customer service. If you have great communication skills, strong technical knowledge and a passion for technology, we would like to talk with you.
• Troubleshooting issues that newsrooms are having with digital applications (websites, native apps, OTT, CMS, etc.). Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve issues
• Engage with our newsroom users in communicating issue status and plan for resolution
• Updates tickets through our current ticketing system according to established guideline
• Follow established processes and standards, identify and propose improvements
• Work with our online database platform to create collection forms/display database results on our digital platforms
• Maintain online knowledge base
• Be On-Call one week per month for after-hours emergency issues
• Other duties as needed
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and be able to seamlessly communicate with technical and non-technical personal
• Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
• Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
• Understanding of priority levels and escalation process
• Strong attention to detail and deadline oriented
• General knowledge of Databases, JSON, JS, CSS, HTML5
• Familiarity working with APIs
• Experience with JIRA and Confluence
• AAS/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER