Performs skilled work in the inspection, calibration, construction, installation, repair and operation of electronic equipment for a functional area.
• Understands how the team integrates with others to accomplish the team objectives.
• Completes work within standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods.
• Assists in construction, installation, maintenance and repair of technical equipment based on work assignments and guidance from supervisors.
• Assists in the design of parts and equipment.
• Performs laboratory and/or research tests, analyses, procedures, etc., as assigned.
• Recognizes and solves typical problems (e.g., repairs, troubleshooting) that can occur in own work area by evaluating and selecting solutions from established operating procedures and/or analytical/scientific methods.
• Evaluates and monitors parts, tools, machinery, equipment, and inventory.
• Impacts the quality of own work and team through accuracy, efficiency, quality, etc.
• Communicates moderately complex technical information within the team (e.g., making suggestions and recommendations)
$13.27-$22.73 an hour
ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN II
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
M-F 3:00PM through 11:00PM with some weekends and other shifts as necessary.
A high school diploma and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Director of Employee and Labor Relations at 573-884-2577.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Director of Accessibility and ADA at 573-884-7278.