Alpha Media – Farmington/Festus is looking for a full-time Business Office Assistant for our Farmington location. This is a mission critical position so we are looking for someone who can work well under pressure especially on tight deadlines. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task, balance priorities, take direction, work with limited supervision, possess excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a team environment that is fast paced and deadline driven.
Alpha Media is a diverse multimedia company sharing your favorite music, sports and news across a variety of platforms. Whether it’s on your phone, desktop, tablet, Alexa, Google Home or in your car, our stations will enhance your journey. We hire and retain top talent who are unique, innovative and vibrant. We believe in creating progressive products, world-class events, and building strong relationships in our communities.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Alpha Media owns or operates over 200 live broadcast radio stations and digital properties covering all formats serving 44 markets across the United States. In addition to our over-the-air broadcasts, Alpha audio products can be heard across multiple platforms, including all major smart devices. Strong relationships with our listeners and clients in the communities where we live and work keep Alpha Media true to its local-first heritage.
Locally, Alpha Media operates radio stations KTJJ, KREI, and KJFF as well as www.mymoinfo.com. We will provide comprehensive training for the right candidate.
Learn more about Alpha Media: www.alphamediausa.com
Responsibilities of this position may include the following:
• Prepare daily program logs for one or more radio stations.
• Schedule radio commercials and process commercial contracts daily.
• Supply station management with accurate inventory information.
• Work closely with station programmers to insure hourly clocks are accurate and up to date on the program logs.
• Prepare reports for station management as needed.
• Assist with monthly invoicing
• Answer incoming calls on a multi-line phone system.
• Welcome visitors, direct visitors and callers to appropriate personnel
• Distribute prizes to winners and serve as a public relations contact with contestants
• Other duties as assigned and consistent with the job title.
Requirements of this position may include:
• Must be highly organized and have the ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Accurate data entry skills.
• Possess strong analytical problem solving skills.
• Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing culture and environment.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Must be a team player and work well with others.
• Professional and welcoming personality.
Preference may be given to candidates who meet the above requirements plus have the following:
• A minimum of two years’ experience in radio, television, cable or other media traffic or other relevant experience performing the duties of the job.
• Experience working with Marketron and vCreative traffic software.
• Working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing applications.
• Alpha Media invests in people who invest in themselves and offers employees a competitive package of health and welfare benefits.
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for full time and part time employees as well as all household members at no cost.
• 401(k) with discretionary employer matching.
• Holiday Worked Pay Alpha Cares – paid volunteer hours.
• Pet adoption subsidy
Alpha values Integrity, a Can Do Attitude, Passion, Competitiveness, Creativity and embraces that work can be FUN. If these qualities are important to you and you feel you check off the qualities we are looking for, apply now and let’s talk.
To apply, visit www.alphamediausa.com/careers.
Alpha Media is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify.