KSDK 5 On Your Side, the NBC affiliate in St. Louis (Market 23) is looking for an experienced, dynamic, enterprising anchor/multi-skilled journalist to anchor our weekend morning newscast “Today in St. Louis and also serve as a reporter three days a week. The successful candidate is a team player and newsroom leader with excellent interviewing skills and proven ability to skillfully ad lib in any live situation.
This candidate must be a strong, enterprising reporter with the ability to create shareable, compelling stories, and must be connected to the community, fully understand the market and connect with the audience on all platforms.
Broadcast skills are important and so is the ability to write and report for the web – quickly and clearly. Along with a resume and audition reel, you will be asked to send links to recent digital work.
We believe our newsroom culture sets 5 On Your Side apart because of our news managers’ strong commitment to our employees’ professional growth, training, regular feedback, and mentoring. If you’re a great teammate who seeks a collaborative newsroom culture, we want to hear from you.
• Co-anchor weekend evening newscasts and report on important local stories affecting the community
• Generate unique, compelling and innovative story/show ideas and content.
• Skilled at calmly handling live, breaking news situations and changing events.
• Ability to communicate stories in conversational manner with an ensemble team.
• Deliver stories that offer unique and interesting perspective.
• Excellent, creative presentation and writing skills a must.
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms.
• Strong social media skills, including an active presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Excellent use of social media for news gathering/disseminating and community engagement.
• Cultivate sources and enterprise lead worthy reports.
• Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting.
• Community and/or talent appearances.
• Perform other tasks as required
• Journalism or Mass Communication degree preferred with two years’ experience as an anchor/reporter.
• Proven strength in on-camera delivery with the ability to ad-lib.
• Excellent writing, packaging, and live skills.
• Must be able to report in a broad range of styles, from field anchoring to studio touchscreen
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
• Knowledge of ENPS and Edius, a plus.
• Knowledge of PowerPoint, a plus.
•Strong social media presence.
•Familiarity with St. Louis or a reason to relocate here will set your application apart
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.