KSDK, 5 on Your Side, the award-winning NBC station in St. Louis, MO, is seeking a Broadcast Content Producer who can write, create and produce exciting and interesting newscasts in the 23rd market. Producers must be strong leaders who can fashion a story and showcase late-breaking material. The ideal candidates are creative problem solvers with strong journalistic judgment and an ability to think creatively. Our producers use social media and digital tools skillfully to create memorable newscasts. The winning candidate will love news and communicate well with peers. The new hire will be someone who can contribute ideas and isn’t afraid to express opinions.
- Create unique newscasts or segments evoking emotion.
- Write news stories for on-air broadcasting.
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Develop original content ideas through social listening and independent sources.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Use consumer analytics in determining content.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media to enhance stories.
- Lead and inspire news teams to work together for a great newscast.
- Coach and inspire on-air talent to be exciting and engaging.
- Research for facts and credibility.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- Minimum of two years of newscast producing experience
- Understanding of the tenets of journalism
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Knowledge of St. Louis, a plus
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Apply Online URL: