We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team! Work along side our Broadcast Engineers, Production team, and our new local news team, here at KBSI/WDKA Fox23 in Cape Girardeau, MO.
KBSI/WDKA is seeking a Master Control Operator. The ideal candidate must be versatile and capable of learning specialized software applications and have an aptitude for operating electronic equipment. You must have great attention to detail, excellent computer skills, and must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Broadcast operations including setting up, controlling, and monitoring television broadcast equipment to transmit television programs and commercials to the viewing audience.
• On-air switching, dubbing, and transferring programs.
• Gathering satellite feeds for broadcast use.
• Preparation and operation of equipment (before, during and after live newscasts).
• Support the production of newscasts and other live or taped programming for television and multi-platform use.
• Support operation of the station by assisting Engineering, News, and other departments.
• Other duties as assigned.
Previous experience as a Master Control Operator is preferred, not required
• Students/Graduates of a broadcasting, production, or information technology related field is ideal, not required.
• Applicants must be open to work non-traditional hours such as evenings, nights, and weekends.
Standard Media Group-SMG is an innovative media company serving our communities through breaking news, impactful investigative reporting, and innovative multi-screen marketing services. Please send resume and cover letter, stating referral source, to: email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Standard Media Group-SMG, FOX23/My49-Paducah Television Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer.