KSDK 5 On Your Side, TEGNA’s NBC affiliate in St. Louis, is seeking a Digital Video Producer who loves creating video, analyzing metrics, and coaching teammates. We’re looking for a strategic thinker who can design the next iteration of our digital video storytelling strategy, including on our website, YouTube channel, OTT streaming, mobile apps and social media accounts.
You will help optimize video clips, manage daily live streaming, and execute content flow plans. You may shoot and edit your own content too.
You will curate the “Watch” page on KSDK.com and KSDK app, as well as KSDK’s YouTube channel, ensure top-performing articles have relevant video. You are also a writer with experience in copyediting.
This position reports to the Director of Digital Content.
• Execute KSDK’s digital video growth strategy
• Monitor metrics and looking for trends for all KSDK video platforms, including the website, mobile app, OTT, and YouTube
• Use video best practices for each platform
• Increase the output of original digital video content
• Lead in breaking news video coverage, including live streaming and VOD strategies
• Edit digital video content from internal and external content partners and ensure sophisticated distribution through targeted content marketing
• Shoot and edit high-quality video content that meets KSDK standards
• Help build a robust KSDK YouTube channel and OTT app that meets growth and audience goals
• Write copy for platforms including YouTube, KSDK.com and social media
• Other duties as assigned
• At least one year of experience working with news video
• Ability to work under tight deadlines, reprioritize time and efforts, and pivot quickly
• Advanced knowledge of non-linear video editing software
• Advanced knowledge of camera gear, including live video hardware and software
• Experienced team player with excellent communication skills
• Experience using audience metrics tools to make smart digital programming decisions
• Knowledge of AP style, as well as best headline writing and SEO practices
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours as needed for news coverage, including nights and weekends
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or similar field
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as de-fined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.