The Content Producer (CP) manages the daily flow of news to the newsroom for appropriate coverage both on-air and on the station’s digital platforms. This position works to ensure digital content is up-to-the minute, attention grabbing, informative, accurate, impactful and relevant to a variety of users.
The CP is responsible for creating content that is aligned with and enhances the station brand. The CP is also responsible for writing, editing and publishing content on multiple digital platforms, including mobile and online and social networks
The producer is also tasked with discovering and verifying content on social media, police/fire scanners and via phone or email tips. They are responsible for dispatching reporters and photographers to news events.
The producer works closely with newscast teams and broadcast news managers to coordinate coverage plans and ensure leadership in breaking news.
This person should have solid news judgment, a sound grasp of online journalism and a sense of urgency for breaking news. This is a high-pressure, deadline-focused position, which requires a self-starter, who is flexible and has the ability to multitask. Work performed is for all media platforms and initiatives, including for example: on-air, web, digital and social media.
2-3 years’ experience in newsroom environment, producing newscasts or digital platforms or working on an assignment desk
Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Communications, Journalism or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Must possess exceptional news judgment and organizational skills and be able to multi-task in high-pressure, deadly-driven situations. Must possess in depth knowledge of current events.
– Good communication skills.
– Ability to select stories for reporting and effectively coordinate coverage with newsroom staff and the public.
– Must be creative in using new ideas and technology to create new solutions and opportunities.
– Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of audience needs and expectations.
– Ability to interact promptly, productively and positively with fellow employees and all levels of management.
– Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills.
– Strong self-motivation and strong work ethic, and dependability.
– Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER