KSDK 5 On Your Side, TEGNA’s NBC affiliate in St. Louis, is searching for a creative and motivated Senior Digital Audience Producer. This person will inform the editorial content across KSDK digital, mobile, streaming and social platforms. This is a leadership role on the Digital Desk team, which manages newsroom assignments, planning and oversees the creation and quality of KSDK digital content.
In this role, you are focused on the audience by managing all the touchpoints with the audience, such as social media and our texting line. You connect people with resources, you find trends in the comments and you help in the ideation, reporting and presentation of original stories. You optimize our content with headline tests and best practices related to search traffic.
As Senior Digital Audience Producer, you will help track and share digital desk team assignments and breaking news. You are a writer, a customer service expert, a brand evangelist and an early adopter. You know and love user-generated content and can help connect the newsroom with media and information from the audience. You have an eye for a good story and you’re skilled at pitching stories.
This is the perfect opportunity for a candidate who wants to develop their leadership skills as part of a focused One Content Team. This position reports to the Director of Digital Content.
• Lead strategy with audience interfacing tools like social media, our texting tool and SEO
• Build short-term and long-term goals for audience-facing media
• Build topical plans for collecting and using user-generated content
• Pitch editorial leaders on stories that come from our audience
• Lead breaking news coverage across platforms, including confirming information, deploying field crews, writing, using a CMS, and social media
• Work with news and marketing leadership to implement newsroom processes and strategies to achieve identified goals
• Work with Director of Digital Content and Digital Content Manager to lead established digital content strategies to turn occasional consumers into loyal audiences
• Help inform editorial meetings and discussions with data and leads
• Edit content for accuracy and ethical journalism in accordance with KSDK and AP style guide
• Train multiskilled journalists, reporters, photojournalists and other content creators on social media and interacting with the audience
• Write articles, clip videos, post on social media and send push alerts as needed
• Collaborate with other TEGNA stations, NBC affiliates and other partners
• Other duties as assigned
• At least three years of experience working as a digital producer or assignment editor in a breaking news environment
• Ability to work under tight deadlines, reprioritize time and efforts, and pivot quickly
• Knowledge of non-linear video editing software
• Experienced team player with excellent communication skills
• Experience using audience metrics tools to make smart digital programming decisions
• Knowledge of AP style, as well as best headline writing and SEO practices
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours as needed for news coverage, including nights and weekends
• Bachelor degree in journalism, communications or similar field
• Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
• Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
• Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.