KRCG is seeking a Business Manager / Human Resources Coordinator to join the team to lead and supervise practices to encourage daily and long-term accountability in the name of compliance.
We are looking for someone who holds the team accountable down to the very last penny. If you are someone who knows the value of documentation when it comes to approval processes and budget spends, then this Business Manager position might be the position for you! The Business Manager position duties are ruled by Company ‘best practices’ and Federal compliance procedures.
- Assist leadership with routine financial reporting
- Complete general accounting functions on behalf of the location/station
- Be the subject matter expert and location/station resource for accounting matters: like Sarbanes-Oxley, Company ‘best practices,’ and GAAP reporting guidelines
- Provide supplemental Human Resource support for the following HR matters as it relates to the Accounting department: e.g., recruitment initiatives, hiring, employee relations, benefit & leave administration, personnel records, and the related Company ‘best practices.’
- Process (& occasionally problem-solve) the teams’ biweekly payroll
- Advise and strategize with team leaders at the location/station to ensure everyone is within budget
- Provide support as requested by the regional controller
- Bachelor’s degree in related field(s) – e.g., accounting, finance, economics, and/or Business
- On the job experience with HR tasks including payroll and/or General Ledger (GL) related duties
- Advanced in Excel – i.e., you consider yourself fluent in VLOOKUP, functions, conditional formatting, pivot tables/charts, formulas, and you might even dabble with VBA & Macros
- Previous experience working with a range of experience levels (i.e., you might have worked across a few departments to complete a project, or two…)
- Previous experience in a role charged with the responsibility of accounting, payroll, personnel & employment matters
- Past experience that supports your understanding of the importance of confidentiality in accounting and HR related matters
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems (e.g., Oracle, SAP)
- Experience in the broadcast industry is a plus!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We’re at the forefront of NextGen technology, enabling innovative new ways to engage with broadcast content like never before. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.