Excited to grow your career? We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position, you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.
Nexstar Media Inc. is looking for an aggressive and dynamic Sports Anchor/Reporter in Springfield, MO.(DMA 74) The city is located in the heart of the Ozarks, just hours from lakes and numerous big cities. The right candidate must be creative and have the ability to produce compelling content for the viewers.
Additional Job Description:
• Displays vast knowledge of teams, players, and storylines, especially those relevant to the DMA at the high school, colligate and professional levels.
• Shoots, writes, and delivers sports stories in a clear and concise manner
• Responds to breaking sports events and other urgent newsrooms situations as required
• Works closely with the sports director and news team to develop comprehensive coverage
• Responds to breaking sports news and events and other situations as required.
• Enterprises, develops and produces stories under strict deadline pressure.
• Coordinates with the digital team to make sure OzarksFirst.com sites and social media are properly updated.
• This person anchors on weekends and is the primary fill-in for the Sports Director
• Ability to produce sportscasts within a newscast and produce a full stand-alone sports show
Minimum 3 years’ experience in sports reporting or anchoring (More or less depending on market size)
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of sports and sports related activities
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in sports reporting or anchoring (More or less depending on market size)
• Superior on-air presence
• Experience guiding, directing, and motivating others
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
All employees must first contact their current manager before applying for an Internal position.
Job Req #:
Other opportunities with Nexstar:
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled