WDAF/Fox4 is seeking an experienced and creative executive producer to lead the #1 morning newscast in Kansas City. The ideal candidate is an expert at showcasing who enjoys mentoring producers. Our 6-hours of morning news is a blend of breaking news and community coverage with four live crews, several anchors and daily in-studio guests.
• Manages team of 20+ with a focus on mentoring and growth of people and product
• Helps implement strategies to improve newscasts and engage viewers.
• Leads editorial meetings where story, coverage ideas, guest segments are discussed and assigned. Makes decisions on coverage and newscast elements.
• Collaborates with other managers regarding staffing and coverage. Produces schedules for the morning team.
• Reviews/Edits rundowns, scripts and packages.
• Executes corporate, station, and news projects in addition to daily coverage.
• Maintains a positive, productive, and balanced newsroom dynamic
• Provide timely feedback for team members.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field preferred.
• 5-years experience as TV line producer or executive producer
• Must be creative, nimble with technology, have thorough knowledge of newsroom workflow and be versatile with line producing
• Must demonstrate excellent leadership, motivational and team-building skills
• Must be extremely organized and an effective communicator
• Must be able to manage a large staff under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to direct the efforts of on-air reporters and anchors
• Must be able to operate as a team member as well as a team leader
• Must be able to take suggestions, making decisions, and be flexible in recognizing various points of view
• Must be willing to participate in station sponsored projects to enhance its image or help the community
• Must be capable of interacting productively with other employees of the station
• Must be flexible with schedule and work as needed to best support overall team
Job Req #:
Other opportunities with Nexstar:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****