KSNF-TV Channel16, an NBC Affiliate, in Joplin, MO is seeking an experienced Digital Content Coordinator providing oversight of digital and social media for the station. This position oversees and improves the daily packaging of all digital editorial content published & being distributed across our Nexstar network of sites and platforms with the goal of increasing user interactivity and traffic – particularly within the Joplin-Pittsburg DMA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages digital, mobile, and social properties while contributing to and executing a strategy for growth
• Acts as a liaison between the digital team and other areas of the stations, including news, promotions, and sales
• Builds special sections for websites and apps using content management systems
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites, as well as by email and phone
• Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Works with news & digital producers to assure steady stream of interesting content is packaged in an interactive way and promoted in a way that generates reader interest & optimizes site traffic
• Evaluates website traffic trends in effort to make decisions on both daily content and longer-term content development that will grow in-DMA traffic
• Help lead team members responsible for planning and implementing special coverage projects (severe weather, breaking news, enterprise digital content databases and projects)
• Ability to jump into the mix and create high-performing content as needed for promotional and sales related content on CMS (WordPress)
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer graphics or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred.
• Minimum two years’ experience in a digital role working with a content management system.
• Knowledge of content management systems, HTML, CSS, Google Analytics, Photoshop, and ENPS preferred.
• Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to multi-task, deal with extreme deadline pressure, and react/coordinate coverage under live breaking news situations is crucial.
• Ability to work extended hours, as needed.