KSDK – 5 On Your Side, the TEGNA NBC affiliate in St. Louis, MO is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join our team. The Administrative Assistant, Newsroom Operations assists the General Manager and News Director in supporting the station’s employees. The candidate also has the ability to work well in supporting a dynamic and fast-paced organization and managing multiple tasks and conflicting priorities proactively, with accuracy, flexibility and attention to detail. The position requires a high level of discretion and strict confidentiality of company proprietary information.
• Provide administrative support for various departments including News, Technology and Marketing with the utmost confidentiality.
• Oversee aspects of general office support including copying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
• Order and manage office supplies, badges, business cards as needed.
• Help onboard new employees, including preparing I-9 documents and photo ID badges.
• Work cooperatively with vendors and suppliers.
• Plan and coordinate internal meetings/events and parties, including ordering meals and catering.
• Make travel arrangements for employees such as booking flights, cars, and hotel.
• Help leadership team prepare reports and presentations.
• Other duties and responsibilities as needed.
• 3-5 years’ experience providing administrative support to a medium-sized organization. College degree preferred.
• Knowledge of the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the technical aptitude to learn new systems.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Self-starter who can think critically, make sound decisions, and follow through on projects/tasks with little or no supervision.
• Ability to understand and anticipate the needs of different departments and support each effectively.
• Strong attention to detail and organization with the ability to track multiple projects and deadlines.
• Schedule meetings and manage calendars.
• Help prepare presentations. Handle presentation logistics, including room reservations, A/V equipment, physical handouts.
• Positive, ‘get it done’ approach to the role. Interest in local news a plus.
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.