Responsible for master control operation; transmitter remote control; video control; satellite reception control. Monitor all on-air content. Responsible for teleprompting newscasts, checking studio lights, coding newscasts for Overdrive, operating Cambotics, Logitech, and a basic knowledge of video switchers is must. Part or full time positions available!
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Operate the master control automation
• Oversee changing batteries in the wireless mics, IFBs and setting up anchor/reporter positions.
• Code Scripts through ENPS
• Anticipate/prepare for breaking news.
• Monitor multiple program streams to ensure correct programming and commercial run times, record any discrepancies
• Prepare the electronic playlist that facilitates program streams
• Ingest commercials, programming, and other material into automation system for broadcast – input and trim spots
• Operate Ross Cambotics.
• Operate Ross Overdrive and must have a basic knowledge of video switchers.
• Operate Logitech audio
• Help change studio lights and operate a light board . . . setup studio for broadcast.
• Operate Prompter for newscast
• Tune in live shots for news
• Coordinate satellite feeds
• React quickly and appropriately to any issues with equipment and breaking news
• Communicate any issues with detail, communicate with producers before live newscast on unusual changes.
• Interact with other departments to obtain missing broadcast material, clarify instructions, and/or resolve technical issues
• Work weekend and weekday shifts
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
• Basic knowledge of TV video production
• Video tape experience – must be familiar with multiple tape and tapeless formats
• General knowledge of TV broadcasting
• Working knowledge with Crispin Video Server
• Working knowledge of Ross Overdrive and Cambotics
• Basic knowledge of ENPS
• Ability to follow written and verbal directions, able to communicate clearly
• Must be able to operate analog and digital broadcast equipment, software, broadcast video tape recorders, video servers, audio/video routers, audio and video control consoles, satellite receivers, and television transmitters
• Proficient use of computers including Microsoft Office and Google
• Basic knowledge of station programming schedule
• Ability to stay focused while monitoring signal quality and programming accuracy
• Must be able to handle high stress situations and pressure deadlines
• Able to react quickly to changing circumstances while remaining calm
• Attention to detail is required
• Must have good problem-solving skills
• Leadership skills needed
• Ability to work independently with little supervision, initiative to address issues immediately
• Able to work well with others in the department as well as other departments
• Must be flexible to work any shift including, weekend, overnights and holidays
• Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment
• High School diploma or GED is required
• SBE certification a plus
Come join our dynamic team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.