KOMU is seeking a Sales/Traffic Support Coordinator. The Sales/Traffic Support Coordinator works with and under the guidance of the sales and traffic team, providing sales support/service pertaining to all local business that the team manages. Tasks include order input, makegoods and preempts for team, trafficking creative for team, assisting in log generation and in monthly billing. The Sales/Traffic Support Coordinator will work with internal departments including sales, traffic, promotions, business office, creative services, as well as with external customers.
Essential Job Functions:
– 40% – Inputs, checks and confirms station orders
– 35% – Assist in the accuracy of commercial spot placement, commercial running instructions, works closely with sales and traffic managers, helps research and resolve log and invoice discrepancies. Serve as back up to traffic manager
– 15% – Provides sales/service support to team members and clients.
– 10% – Generating monthly reports on behalf of sales team to service all clients and other duties as assigned.
$13.27 – $22.73 Hourly
Grade GGS 6
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile in myHR.
Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. College/university/technical degree preferred.
Experience: Previous sales/service support or office experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Must have a proven track record in successful collaboration across teams, divisions and platforms.
– Computer skills utilizing Wide Orbit and Microsoft software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.
– Strong organization and phone skills and ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines.
– Ability to work well under pressure and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
– Strong verbal and writing skills, with ability to service customers and show extreme professionalism when dealing with clients.
– Positive work attitude.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
Job ID: 39228
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.