KSDK, Five on Your Side, is looking for a Photographer-Editor to join our news team in St. Louis. We are seeking a highly skilled artistic photographer and editor who can create sharable and exciting content for television, social media and mobile. We want a journalist who can tell great stories on his/her own or with a team. Our ideal candidate is familiar with the latest photography, editing tools and techniques. The new hire can create unique and exciting content on all platforms, while being proficient with live news gathering tools and are able to participate in live shots on air and on line live streaming when necessary.
• Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
• Produce original content on-air and on all digital platforms that evoke emotion and tell compelling stories.
• Write and post daily on all digital platforms including attaching images and streaming video. Must include Social Media.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Cover breaking, general, sports, feature, investigative, and political news stories.
• Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
• Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
• Edit and post video and text content stories for website.
• Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
• Perform other tasks as required by Chief Photographer and News Managers.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 1-3 years of experience preferred
• Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
• Demonstrated social media proficiency, especially in the field, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• SNG experience a plus
• Drone experience preferred
• Demonstrated news judgment, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
• Must be available for any work schedule, be reliable and dependable
• Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
• Knowledge in non-linear editing systems
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Work Environment: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
Physical Demands: Medium work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.