On August 31, 2023, the FCC released the Tentative Agenda for the September Open Meeting, scheduled for September 21, 2023 at 10:30 AM. The following items are tentatively scheduled for Commission consideration:
- Satellite Application Processing – The Commission will consider a Report and Order and Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on facilitating and expediting application processing for satellite and earth station operators in order to advance opportunities for innovation in the new space age. (IB Docket Nos. 22-411, 22-271) (FACT SHEET)
- Updating the 5G Fund for Rural America – The Commission will consider a Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking on the implementation of the 5G Fund for Rural America in light of new, precise, and verified mobile coverage data gathered through the Broadband Data Collection. (GN Docket No. 20-32) (FACT SHEET)
- Direct Access to Phone Numbers – The Commission will consider a Report and Order to strengthen the Commission’s direct access rules in order to stem the tide of illegal robocalls, protect the nation’s numbering resources from abuse by foreign bad actors, and advance other important public policy objectives tied to the use of numbering resources. The accompanying Second Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking would seek comment on the duties of existing direct access authorization holders. (WC Docket Nos. 13-97, 07-243, 20-67; IB Docket No. 16- 155) (FACT SHEET)
- Updating Obsolete TV Broadcasting Rules – The Commission will consider a Report and Order which would amend Part 73 of the Commission’s Rules to update Television and Class A Television Broadcast Station Rules as well as certain rules applicable to all broadcast stations. This would ensure the FCC’s rules better reflect the current broadcast TV operating environment including changes related to major developments like the transition from analog to digital-only operations and the post-incentive auction transition to a smaller television band with fewer channels. (MB Docket No. 22-227) (FACT SHEET)
- Enforcement Bureau Action – The Commission will consider an enforcement action.
Chairwoman Rosenworcel also released a blog post on the upcoming meeting.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.
The post FCC Releases September Open Meeting Tentative Agenda first appeared on Telecommunications Law Professionals, PLLC.