FCC October Open Meeting Agenda Released
On October 20, 2022, the FCC released the Agenda for the October Open Meeting, scheduled for Thursday, October 27, 2022 at 10:30 AM. The meeting can be viewed in person at the FCC headquarters or streamed live at www.fcc.gov/live and on the FCC’s YouTube channel. The following items are scheduled for consideration at the October Open Meeting:
- Uniendo a Puerto Rico Fund and the Connect USVI Fund (WC Docket Nos. 18-143, 10-90) – The Commission will consider a Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that would ensure continued support for mobile carriers and extend the support phase down for incumbent fixed broadband providers in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands to enhance their networks’ reliability and resiliency in the face of hurricanes and other natural disasters. (FACT SHEET)
- Considering 12.7 GHz Band for Next-Generation Wireless Services (GN Docket No. 22-352)– The Commission will consider a Notice of Inquiry to seek information on the current use of the 12.7-13.25 GHz band, ways to encourage more efficient and intensive use of the band, and whether the band is suitable for mobile broadband or other expanded use. The Commission will also consider an Order to extend the temporary freeze on applications in the 12.7 GHz band. (FACT SHEET)
- Caller ID Authentication on Non-IP Networks (WC Docket No. 17- 97) – The Commission will consider a Notice of Inquiry launching a broad inquiry on caller ID authentication technology for non-Internet Protocol networks. (FACT SHEET)
- Improving the Security of the National Alert and Warning Systems (PS Docket Nos. 15-94, 15-91, 22-329) – The Commission will consider a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to strengthen the operational readiness of the Emergency Alert System and Wireless Emergency Alerts, including by reducing the vulnerability of these systems to cyberattacks. (FACT SHEET)
- Restricted Adjudicatory Matter – The Commission will consider a restricted adjudicatory matter.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.