FCC Releases Tentative Agenda for August Open Meeting
On July 15, 2022, the FCC released the Tentative Agenda for the August Open Meeting, scheduled for Friday, August 5, 2022 at 10:30 AM. The following items are tentatively scheduled for consideration:
Affordable Connectivity Outreach Grant Program – The Commission will consider a Second Report and Order which would establish the Affordable Connectivity Outreach Grant Program to provide eligible governmental and non-governmental entities funding to conduct outreach to increase awareness of and encourage participation in the Affordable Connectivity Program among eligible low-income households. (WC Docket No. 21-450) (FACT SHEET)
· ‘Your Home, Your Internet’ Pilot Program – The Commission will consider a Third Report and Order which would establish the one-year Your Home, Your Internet Pilot Program with the goal of increasing awareness of the Affordable Connectivity Program among recipients of federal housing assistance and facilitating enrollment in the ACP by providing targeted assistance with the ACP application. (WC Docket No. 21-450) (FACT SHEET)
· Space Innovation; Facilitating Capabilities for In-Space Servicing, Assembly, and Manufacturing – The Commission will consider a Notice of Inquiry (NOI) that would examine opportunities and challenges of in-space servicing, assembly, and manufacturing – or “ISAM” – that can support sustained economic activity in space. This NOI would develop an up-to-date record on current ISAM activities and seek input on steps the Commission might take to facilitate ISAM missions, including through updates to Commission rules and processes. (IB Docket Nos. 22-271; 22-272) (FACT SHEET)
· Freeing Up 17 GHz Spectrum to Support Satellite Broadband Service – The Commission will consider a Report and Order and a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking that would adopt a co-primary allocation for geostationary satellite orbit (GSO) fixed-satellite service (FSS) operations in the space-to-Earth (downlink) direction in the 17.3-17.8 GHz band, while protecting incumbent services, and inquire into whether the Commission should expand this FSS allocation in the 17.3-17.8 GHz band to include non-geostationary orbit (NGSO) FSS operations also in the downlink direction. (IB Docket Nos. 20-330, 22-273) (FACT SHEET)
· Restricted Adjudicatory Matter – The Commission will consider a restricted adjudicatory matter.
· Enforcement Bureau Action – The Commission will consider an enforcement action.
Chairwoman Rosenworcel also released a blog post on the agenda.
Please Contact Us if you have any questions.